About the training program
The online training program has been developed to assist alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers:
- Increase their knowledge and awareness of mental health conditions.
- Improve the confidence of AOD workers who work with clients with comorbid mental health conditions.
- Improve AOD workers’ ability to identify mental health conditions.
- Improve AOD workers’ ability to recognise and respond to physical health comorbidities.
- Provide practical information on the delivery of a coordinated care approach to clients with comorbid mental health conditions
- Provide practical information on the management and treatment of comorbid mental health conditions
- Improve AOD workers’ ability to manage their own self-care.
Although the training program has been developed primarily for AOD workers, the program is free for anyone to register and complete. To register for the online training program, please click on the register button below.
The training program consists of 10 training modules that can be completed in any order. Registrants can choose which modules to engage in based on interest and experience. Those wishing to receive a certificate of completion must complete all modules (in any order) and successfully complete all quizzes.
At the end of each module, registrants will be presented with a quiz. All questions must be answered correctly before the module is completed, but there is no limit to how many times the quiz can be taken. Incorrect answers will refer participants to relevant sections of the Guidelines website.
At the completion of all modules, training participants will receive a certificate of completion.
You will be asked to participate in a research study evaluating the effectiveness and utility of the online training program. You do not have to participate in the research to be able to use the online training program. If you do agree to take part in the research, you will be asked several questions before and after completing the training, and we will contact you by email to ask you some follow-up questions, several months after you have completed the training.
There is no requirement to enrol in the training program; however, it is assumed that participants will have an understanding of AOD use.
Register to access the training modules