About the training program
The online training program has been developed to assist alcohol and other drug (AOD) workers:
- Increase their knowledge and awareness of mental health conditions
- Improve their confidence in working with clients with comorbid mental health conditions
- Improve their ability to identify mental health conditions
- Improve their ability to recognise and respond to physical health comorbidities
- Provide practical information on the delivery of a coordinated care approach to clients with comorbid mental health conditions
- Provide practical information on the management and treatment of comorbid mental health conditions
- Improve their ability to manage their own self-care.
Although the training program has been developed primarily for AOD workers, the program is free for anyone to register and complete. To register for the online training program, please click on the register button below.
The training program consists of 11 training modules that can be completed in any order. Participants can choose which modules to engage in based on interest and experience.
At the end of each module, participants will be presented with a quiz. All questions must be answered correctly before the module is completed, but there is no limit to how many times the quiz can be taken. Incorrect answers will refer participants to relevant sections of the Guidelines website.
Once all modules and quizzes have been successfully completed, a completion certificate will be available to download.
There is no requirement to enrol in the training program; however, it is assumed that participants will have an understanding of AOD use.
Register to access the training modules